Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2009

I've decided to study abroad in Japan

After taking Japanese 201 my first semester freshman year, I decided not to learn Japanese any more. I couldn't stand going to class 5 days a week and have quizzes everyday. But my dad kept forcing me to learn Japanese. To satisfy him (or more like to shut him up), I decided to spend $18,000 + a semester study abroad in Japan.

I was originally planning on studying in Waseda, but they only have academic year program and limited space. Then, I thought about the Uni. of Nagoya, but they need at least a year of Japanese. Keio and the U of I started an exchange program last semester, but there are only 2 spots, cuz Keio only sent 2 students to our school. After speaking to SAO study abroad advisor for a looonng time, I decided to apply to the IES Tokyo Society and Culture program. Sadly, it's the most expensive program ever!

Since I already studied abroad 3 times in the past 2 years, I know the process pretty well. I went to the UIUC Study Abroad website to do the application. Now, all I have to do is wait.

If you're interested in studying abroad, attend a First Step Meeting, dates can be found on SAO website: https://www.studyabroad.illinois.edu/. You have to attend the meeting before you're allowed to apply to a program.

No comments:

Post a Comment