Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2007

What's going on?

Classes started last Wednesday, and I have been extremely busy since then. It seems to me that 24 hours a day is not enough to get everything done. The huge amount of readings (homeworks) the professors assign can be stressful, especially when I am not used to reading 200 pages (textbooks) a day and writing long essays. As a result, I just dropped ANTH 160 Contemporary Social Issues. I have asked around and many people told me that I am taking too many credit hours (17 credit hours) as a freshman. I also spoke with my academic advisor and he said that "you are taking an awful lots of hours". I didn't think about dropping a class until just now because I thought I will be able to deal with all the work but I was wrong. I finally realized that I need to give myself a break, freshmen usually only take 12~16 hours their first semester, so 14 credit hours which I have now, is very reasonable.

Besides from classes, I go to IV meetings and we just had our 1st Bible study group yesterday (Tuesday). It is a wonderful way to keep myself close to God in this busy and frustrating schedule. I am having quite a bit of problem with my roommate because of our personal preferences. My roommate is an extremely light sleeper and basically, I cannot do anything when she is sleeping since the tiniest noise may wake her up. It became a big conflict for both of us, so I am going to move into my friend Annie's room. The possibility of that is 90% but some problems are still waiting to be solved. My roommate and I are going to meet with the Residence Director who deals with roommate problems in the hall tomorrow. Hopefully we can come up to an agreement after that meeting.

So, except the roommate problem, pretty much everything is going well for me.

By the way, I go by Yinting in UIUC. No one calls me Veronica, so when you send me something in the mail, address it to Yinting Wang :)

No comments:

Post a Comment