Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2009

seek first His kingdom

My 2 years in IV has been absolutely amazing
amazing not because everything with IV went smoothly
and i didnt have a single problem with IV
not because I was always happy in IV
not because IV is perfect
but beause IV has challenged me to grow
some of you remember how loud I screamed
when I saw the IV booth on Quad Day my frosh year
IV was the greatest thing ever to me that year

then came my soph yr
things started to change
i saw problems
they started floating around
i got frustrated
i got angry
i started not going to large groups/small group and prayer meetings
i was constatnly looking for excuses to not go
by the end of the year, i said to myself
im not going to IV anymore

but Chapter Focus Week changed my mind
this is what i learned:
Don't dwell in all the tiny things that make you angry and bitter right now
seek his kingdom first
and put god first
if you do that
everything else will fall in the right place

No comments:

Post a Comment