Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Letters to home from Korea

Hi,
 
I'm already in the International House in Yonsei University. I got here at 6pm. Everything's settled, I made a few new friends and went out to dinner with them.This is my Korea cell phone number: (82) 010-8659-797401. I have friend in Korea (Christie Fox: 010-3218-4122) and I'm going to hang out with her tomorrow. We will go to Ulsan, then we will go to Daegu.

Korea's fashion is so different from Hong Kong/ Taiwan/ America. Women here all wear heels and they seem to have the super power to walk 50 miles with their heels on the entire day. Incheon and Seoul both look kind of like Taipei, except everything here looks newer. A lot of people here thought that I am Korea. They will start speaking to me in Korean, then I will quickly tell them in English "no Korea". It's hard getting around, because people here don't speak very good English and I don't speak Korean. 


<3, Ya-Ya

Hi,

Today is the first day of class. I'm taking 3 classes Monday to Thursday from 9am - 3:40pm: Macroeconomics, Cross Culture Psychology and Marketing. Macroeconomics is the most boring class, the professor is from Bates College and has no idea how to lecture. Cross Culture Psychology is so far the best. The professor is Japanese but he teaches in UCLA. Marketing's professor went to my college for his master and PhD degrees. I didn't get to meet him today because he was in a conference. I met a lot of people from my school, but are not living in the International House.

Last weekend, I went to Ulsan, Daegu and Mokpo to visit my friend Christie who is teaching ENglish here in Korea. I went to Norebang (karaoke), stayed in a Jimjilbang for a night (a very Korean style hotel), and stayed with Christie (my friend)'s host family for 2 days. I met a lot of her friends who are also teaching English in Korea. I also went to visit the school she's primary school she is teaching in. The kids are all very nice and shy. They were all very excited to see me (a new face in the school). It was a fun weekend.
Alright, that's it for this week. Take care.

Love,
Ya-Ya

No comments:

Post a Comment