Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Commuting here is driving me nuts, it takes me at least an hour to get somewhere, whether it's internship every Wed, going to school everyday or traveling between 2 campuses (one of my classes is on another campus). I miss classes in Allen Hall when I could wake up 10 mins before class and simply walk downstairs. My commuting buddy is Keri from Hawaii. She and I both live close to the same station, so we end up going to school together everyday.

I went shopping in Harakuku, Tokyo today and bought a ton of clothes. Most of them are dresses, dresses that are very Jpn style - all flowery and flowey. They're mostly around US$ 20 and my my host mom and Jpn friends told me that's super cheap. Jpn style is very different, they like wearing a lot of layers and clothes are usually not fitted.

Clothes I bought

Harajuku is also famous for crepes!

My host family is easy to talk to, everyone in the family speaks good English (relatively speaking), so it wasn't hard to communicate with them at all. But I'm not very used to their eating habits. They eat a lot of rice (main dish) and a few side dishes (like 2-3). I honestly think that I didn't get enough nutrients for the past 2 weeks. But it got much better today. For dinner tonight, I had tofu, stir fry mix veggies and chicken. Hopefully it will be like tonight from now on.

This Saturday, I'm going to the Narita Drum Festival with everyone in my program. Speaking of my program, there's a student council election coming up this Friday, so everyone needed to nominate 3 people for the council. They do it the Asian way: you can nominate yourself, but it's more common that other people nominate you. They don't care if you want to do it or not, people will do it if they're elected, because it's an honor. I'll be traveling to Hokkaido for 4 days 3 nights Apr 29 - May 2, then visiting Dana in Kobe from May 7-9 (Fri - Sun). Hopefully we can all Skype when I'm in Kobe with Dana.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment