Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

Windy city

No....... not Chicago! Chiba, Japan is super windy! This morning, all the trains on Keiyo line were canceled, most Musashino lines were too. So, it took me 1.5 hours to get to Kanda from Myoden, instead of the 1 hour commute I usually have.

When I woke up at 7am, my host mom told me that the trains were canceled. My host dad told me an alternate route to Kaihin Makuhari (school's station): the Sobu line. When Keri and I got to the Nishi-Funabashi station for transfer, the station was so packed that the staffs decided to let everyone enter/exit the station for free! We got stucked in the station lobby for 10 mins trying to figure out where we were going and trying to get to the right platform by pushing everybody out of our way! It was crazy!!

Then the Sobu line train stopped for 20 mins to wait for the wind to stop and we got stuck in the sardine can for the time. The doors wouldn't close, so people kept coming in to the train and the train got more crowded. To make sure nobody passes out, the train captain cranked up the A/C, but it was still quite warm inside the train.

Keri and I were the lucky ones who took the right alternate route. Some students took the Keisei line and they ended up being on trains for 3 - 4 hours. It was an interesting experience, kind of fun because it makes me feel like I'm in Jp. But I don't really want to experience it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment