Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

all the worst things happened in 1 day

I left the hotel on Thursday at 12:30 pm to get to the airport for my 4 pm flight to London Heathrow, then 6 pm flight to Hong Kong. If everything goes well, I'll be back in HK at 2:30pm Friday. But things never turn out the way you want them to be. Munich had a snow storm, so my flight got delayed for 4 hours! And I was stuck on the plane for 3 hours, waiting for a miracle to happen (waiting for it to stop snowing). When I got to London, it was already 9:45 pm, aka I missed my flight to HK and had to spend a night in London.
British Airways staff was very nice and helpful though. I told the guy that I have to get back to HK before 10am Sat (13th) to catch my flight to Taiwan for Chinese New Year and I cannot afford to miss it since it's Chinese New Year. Seats are so hard to get because everyone is trying to get home, I'll most likely have to spend Chinese New Year alone if I miss the flight to Taiwan. So, instead of putting me on an evening flight to HK (arrives HK Sat 2:30pm), he put me on Air France from London to Paris at 8:20am, then I'll take Cathay Pacific back to HK at 13:05pm (arrives HK Sat 7:30am). I was sent to Premium Inn Heathrow. BA gave me a bag with T-shirt, comb and toilettries, because my luggage was in the transit to Paris. I also got free dinner and breakfast.
Now, I'm sitting in the Cathay Pacific lounge relaxing (thanks to the frequent flyer card <3), and maybe do a little shopping later. Paris has really nice weather, which means I can finally go back to HK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment