Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Host family

They live in a very nice area call Myoden, which is about 30 minutes away from Kahin Makuhari. It takes me an hour to commute to school, it's a 10 min walk to the station, 30 minutes train ride and 20 minutes walk to the campus. I'm very lucky that my school is in the direction that's going away from Tokyo, because the trains I get on are not crowded at all. I saw the "real Tokyo" today! I saw people waiting outside of the train doors to be pushed into the train by the "pushers". One of the e-pals said "Welcome to Japan" after I told her what I saw :P The host family is pretty nice, the 7 years old daughter Yuriko is very cute and seems very excited to have me as her host sister.The host family have had 6 host students before me, so they are very experienced. To be honest, I was expecting a warmer welcome and a huge dinner. But I guess that's not their style. I had cake sushi, spring rolls, soup and rice for my first dinner with the family. I'm still trying to get used to this host family and their 1 bathroom apartment. The bathroom is quite busy in the morning. The mom uses the bathroom at 7, dad at 7:20, daughter at 7:45. For the most of this week, I had to wake up at 7:15, so it was hard to use the bathroom in between host parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment