Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hello Tokyo!

Day 1: Narita International Airport

My flight stopped in Terminal 2, so I had to take the free shuttle to Terminal 1. It was a hassle, since I had 3 suitcases with me. When I got to Terminal 1 North Wing Arrival Hall meeting point, I met the IES Tokyo staff and my e-pal. They helped me mail my bags to my host family and got me a bus ticket to the orientation hotel OVTA.

I felt that IES wasn't as organized as CIEE in the airport. CIEE had people waiting in Terminal 1 and 2 and they all wore the same yellow t-shirt, which made it really easy for students to find them. IES didn't have uniforms, didn't have people waiting in both terminals and didn't have people waiting outside the "tunnel" we come out of.

OVTA is in Makuhari, Chiba which is about an hour away from Narita Airport. The bus ride was very nice and I got to talk to my e-pal a lot. We took a walk around Makuhari after I put everything in the hotel room, and had welcome dinner with all the other IES students at 7pm.


 

Shin-san making his speech



Orientation welcome dinner

Unsweetened tea in a glass bottle


No comments:

Post a Comment